Our story

During the 1920s and 30s, the village blacksmith’s work shop called ”Tange Specialværksted” helped the region’s farmers and anyone else who needed his services. 

On August 1, 1943, the village blacksmith became SAMSON. The company manufactured bridles for cows, stands for milk bottles, fencing poles, and fencing wire tensioner.
The biblical character, Samson, known for his immense strength, inspired the company name.

SAMSON’s main business areas in the 1950s and 60s were manure spreaders of 3m3. The customers were farmers and the first professional contractors.

Up through the 1970s, the machines grew in size, and so did the professional contractors, both in number and in size, and they soon became SAMSON’s primary customers. It was also during the 70s that the production of manure increased significantly in Denmark. This is why manure pumps soon become part of the product selection at SAMSON.

A lot happened during the 1980s. First of all, the amount of manure produced grew drastically, causing a new political focus on environmentally sound transport. This is why SAMSON developed the first injectors and drip hose systems. Secondly, SAMSON was the first manufacturer to begin making manure spreaders with vertical valves. Thirdly, SAMSON developed its famous liquid ring vacuum pump which helped lower costs and increase efficiency as well as durability.

In 1999 SAMSON Tange A/S was merged with three other companies under the name of SAMSON AGRO A/S.

In 2005 the production of all four companies were gathered in a brand new, modern building of 18.500 m2 in the town of Viborg, Denmark. 

In 2018 SAMSON AGRO will celebrate its 75th anniversary as a manufacturer of agricultural machinery and equipment.